The Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) is looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Business Analysts to join the team. As Senior Business Analysts contractor, she or he will be working closely with internal and external stakeholders to define business and technical requirements, creating project documents and participating system testing for the application development.
This position will function as a highly skilled Senior Business Analyst that include:
• Lead reviews of business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement
• Work closely and develop relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented and met
• Collaborate with developers in translating user requirements into solutions. Use knowledge of the application development process to be able to participate in any stage of the development process.
• Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
• Lead and participate in system testing and ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements prior to user acceptance testing
• Participate in defining system implementation and user-acceptance test plans
• Assist with the analysis of bug fixes/issues, with ability to lead small groups of IT and business staff for troubleshooting, problem resolution and brainstorming for available solutions
• Conducts final quality analysis on programs, reviewing accuracy of output
• Understand and negotiate the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
• Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
• Develop/maintain technical and application documentation including business and system requirements, use cases, test script, process mapping.
• Experience working in SDLC, testing and validating solutions, and working as a Business Analyst.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation
• Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements
• Experience with process mapping
• Excellent documentation skills
• Good organizational and prioritization skills; able to multi-task, proficient ability to organize and prioritize work and handle multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities.
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Must have strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study, and
• 10+ years of business analyst experience, and
• 6+ years of requirement gathering, and
• 6+ year of business process analysis, and
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.