Most that work here live in Racine Wisconsin Area
Cyber Security Engineer
Our client is a leading distributor of shipping, industrial, and packaging materials, with an extensive product line that includes over 37,500 items. The company has established itself as a trusted provider of essential materials for businesses of all sizes. Its robust online presence, fast and reliable shipping, exceptional customer service, and competitive pricing have all contributed to its success. The company has expanded rapidly in recent years, with multiple distribution centers across North America. Its commitment to quality and customer satisfaction has made it one of the most prominent distributors of shipping and packaging materials in the industry.
What you will be doing:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Cyber Security Engineer to design, plan, and implement enterprise-wide Cyber Security system and application solutions with an emphasis on role-based security. You
will work with enterprise architects, developers, and network engineers to design optimal security practices, document existing systems architecture and technology portfolios, and continuously improve our security
• Provide direction for the secure operation of the enterprise, focusing on security components, risk management, and controls.
• Provide support and engineering for firewalls, network segmentation technologies, web proxies, email proxies, cloud environments, and IDS / IPS.
• Conduct periodic security architecture reviews on existing security technologies and offer actionable recommendations for improvements and remediations.
• Work with enterprise architects, network engineers, and developers to design optimal security practices for supporting new and existing business processes/applications.
• Be the point of authority on mail, endpoint, edge, application, operation technology (OT), virtualized, cloud, network security, secure coding, and training and awareness; recommending design, configuration, and process maturity to protect the workforce and the organization against all common, new, and exploited attack techniques and tactics, internal and external.
• Mitigate security risks associated with projects which have a high technical complexity and or involve significant challenges.
• Communicate technical application security concepts to business users, developers, architects, and managers.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical security vulnerabilities.
• Provide detailed risk and remediation guidelines, as well as perform remediation activities.
• Keep up to date with new and emerging threats and technologies and provide recommendations to management to limit exposure.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, telecommunications or similar from an Accredited University.
• Proven experience of 5+ working in IT in large to enterprise-level organizations.
• At least 2 years of experience in IT Security in large to enterprise-level organizations applying security patterns in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in an enterprise-level organization
• Specialized security training or professional certifications such as NIST, SSCP, GIAC, CEH, OSCP, CCNA Security, and CASP+ are strongly preferred.
• 3-5 years of IT Security experience in Mail security, SIEM, Firewalls, Antivirus, EDR, IDS/IPS, DLP, PAM, WAF, System and application hardening, incident response, training and awareness, policy development, TPRM, framework implementation, secure coding practices, ERM, threat hunting, and patch management.
• Experience in Standards and Regulations Standards frameworks. (NIST CSF, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, MITRE, GLBA, HIPAA)
• Familiarity with enterprise-level network architecture and topologies Experience with Cisco network and security tools, Zscaler web proxy, ProofPoint Email proxy, BeyondTrust IAM Suite, and QRadar SIEM.
• Experience with Cloud and hybrid Cloud / On-premise security designs.
• Experience in a large enterprise corporate environment.
• Ability to interact with technical managers and development teams to articulate requirements and processes while collaborating on design options, implementation, testing, and user acceptance.
• Demonstrated ability to develop metrics, perform critical analysis, and develop executive decisionsupport content.