The IRM Cloud and Application Security team is seeking an experienced cloud security expert to influence and champion the advancement of our cloud security posture. This role will provide expert guidance for addressing existing cloud security concerns and have the foresight to proactively influence the evolution of our capabilities, as the threat landscape changes. Success in this role will require strong developer empathy, focused on enabling Dev and Ops to do their jobs securely.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and influence ongoing risk analysis efforts, focused on prioritizing cloud resources and investments based on risk exposure.
- Recommend and lead strategic initiatives to address existing and emerging threats posing risk to cloud computing environments.
- Establish and maintain security standards, approved patterns, processes, and required guardrails for secure cloud hosting.
- Provide technical leadership across all cloud technology teams on risk mitigation, backlog prioritization, and skills uplift.
- Lead and influence a comprehensive cloud security strategy across key cyber domains and products, in tandem with architecture and product owners.
- Ensure cloud security objectives are embedded into developer education, coding standards, and application security requirements.
Technical qualifications include:
- At least 4 years of experience applying security patterns in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with Cloud Native Design with an understanding of viable migration paths for legacy designs.
- Experience using commercial Cloud Security Posture Management and Cloud Workload Protection Platforms.
- Familiarity with cloud-native security solutions, capabilities, and services (Azure AD, Defender for Cloud, Sentinel; AWS Config, GuardDuty, WAF, Macie, CloudTrail).
- Experienced in cloud network, compute, and storage architectures, as well as cloud services and operations.
- Hands-on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider (Azure, Amazon, GCP).
- Hands-on experience of CI/CD pipeline security, automation tools, and/or cloud provisioning tools.
- Experience with risk assessment, benchmarks, and maturity models for the cloud (MITRE ATT&CK, CSA, CIS, AWS SRA).
Asses and conduct reviews of web-based applications, identify and validate application vulnerabilities, and perform actual remediation at architectural and source code levels
- Experience in source code review, CI/CD tools, SAST, and DAST tools and ability to provide consultation on vulnerability remediation and/or mitigation.
- Strong technical expertise in multiple technical domains including application development, cloud computing, security, identity, and access management, and IT infrastructure.
- Proven experience or strong working knowledge of managing application security infrastructure such as web application firewalls (Container security, WAFs, Virtual Internal firewalls)
- Expert knowledge of SIEM technologies like Splunk or QRadar, content filtering/ firewall technology, and cloud technology such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Understanding of best practice methodologies in application security including OWASP and mobile
- Performing security architecture/threat modeling reviews on a wide range of applications and determining the appropriate security controls
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, leveraging strategic and tactical thinking. Able to effectively and efficiently collaborate with teams, peers, and leaders and provide recommendations or feedback
- Demonstrable experience with performing SAST, DAST and Manual Penetration Testing
- Demonstrable experience with BurpSuite Pro or OWASP ZAP
- Strong working knowledge of MITRE CVE, CWE, CAPEC and ATT&CK
- Strong working knowledge the OSI & TCP/IP networking reference models