Posted 2 months ago
Our client is a rapidly growing Company in the Northern suburbs of Pittsburgh who’s primary product, Radio Frequency Shielded Enclosures, range in size from shielded security cameras through multi story shielded buildings and are used in commercial, medical, gov’t and military facilities. Their growth is primarily due to the quality of their products and services, and in part to the world’s ever-increasing cyber security threats and ongoing hardening of commercial, gov’t and military communication and Data Processing facilities.
- Designs, prototypes, and tests new circuits for assigned projects. Specifically, the development of a high-current pulser will be the first project
- Works within a team to contribute to ongoing projects, research, and development
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Maintains company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Occasionally travels to job sites to perform or assist with on-site testing and engineering efforts.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Completes company assigned training in a timely manner. Offers continuous improvement suggestions as appropriate.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have or be eligible for a DoD Security Clearance (at the Secret level)
- Must be willing to travel as needed to accomplish assigned work. A minimum of 10% travel will be expected for this position, and additional travel may be negotiated during the hiring process.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or related field (graduate degrees preferred)
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in product development, especially circuit design
- Important skills include: critical thinking, attention to detail, and organization
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, and to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Additional Qualifications (considered a plus):
- Experience with pulsed energy or pulsed power applications, power electronics, RF systems, and/or data acquisition
- Experience using design and computing environments such as GNU Octave, MATLAB and/or LabVIEW
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. is preferred
- Strong background in power electronics and electromagnetic compatibility
- General testing, measurement, and experiment or laboratory skills (including data collection and data analysis)