Duration: Full Time
We are also looking for a Industrial Engineer. They will start out in McPherson, KS and must be willing to move to Ohio when our new facility is built sometime in 2025.
Design, integrate and improve manufacturing systems and processes through technical expertise and continuous improvement methods to help ensure quality, reliability and cost effectiveness.
• Equipment reliability and RCA analysis to drive up-time of production equipment.
• Monitor and analyze equipment data to drive OEE improvements.
• Alignment preventive & predictive maintenance with equipment OEE goals.
• Evaluate spare parts to ensure availability as required to meet OEE targets.
• Troubleshoot new or existing production problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
• Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
• Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
• Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
• Work with suppliers to help ensure successful completion of manufacturing projects. Other
• Attends meetings as required and/or assigned. • Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
• Communicates and gives input regarding performance evaluations.
Special Job Dimensions
• Some travel will be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and Technology
• Knowledge of Practical application of Engineering principles/ techniques/ procedures to tool design and Plastic Processing
• Knowledge of Design techniques (GD&T), Tools, and Principles involved in developing precise technical plans, Models, Drawings and Blueprints
• Knowledge of SAP (or other ERP system)
• Knowledge of Advanced Mathematics and applications
• Knowledge of CAD software including CATIA, Solid Works 2015, AutoCAD
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP preferred
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing effective manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma training tools
• Knowledge of quality control and testing procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work well under deadlines, and ability to work well with a cross-functional team to accomplish results.
• Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department
• Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology
• 2+ years related experience OR
• Master’s Degree.
All employees are expected to comply with the safety rules of their respective department and position, however there are general safety guidelines that all employees are expected to comply with:
• Slips, Trips and Falls o When walking, be aware of unlevel or elevated surfaces o Keep aisles clear
o Use caution when walking on wet surfaces and wipe up spills
o Use the handrail on stairs
o Use only approved step stools and ladders. Do not stand on chairs
o Walk, don’t run o Report deficient conditions to the appropriate maintenance department
o Use caution when walking in parking lots and parking garage
• Good Housekeeping
o Always maintain a clean and uncluttered work environment
o Do not overload wastebaskets
• Safe Lifting o Use caution and proper techniques when lifting heavy objects
o Ask for help
o Only use equipment that is in good repair
o Report any equipment hazards immediately to you manage.