Job Openings for Industrial Engineer
Location – Detroit, MI
Duration: Full Time
One of our more prestigious clients has asked for our assistance in seeking an Industrial Engineer. Our client is incredibly dedicated to a culture of learning and superior designs for various automotive parts and systems with over 10 manufacturing locations throughout the US and revenues of over $2 Billion.
What you will be doing –
We need your expertise for the supervision, formulation, administration, and coordination of industrial engineering policies designed to improve operating performance, reduce waste and delays and otherwise promote cost reductions on a company-wide basis. Activities involve using time study or standard data for various machine, assembly, and hand operations, production methods, equipment layout, material handling, and manpower, equipment, and material utilization to improve operating performance.
Supports Engineering Cost Estimators by supplying data from existing projects or validating assumptions for new projects to help generate cost assumptions for the assembly process, square footage requirements, material handling & facilities capital/tooling investments, and direct I indirect labor. Supports Purchasing in evaluating new suppliers for material handling and facility products and technologies to help maintain a competitive edge in the industry. Supports all engineering-related communication internally and with the Customer, including technical presentations, design reviews, capacity analysis, and feasibility studies. Responsible for initial (Pre-SOP) facility plan, including Plant Floor Layout, Material Flow Analysis, and Inventory Optimization. Responsible for Broadcast Analysis, Throughput Analysis, and/or Simulation using software such as ProModel – Focus on a dock-to-dock understanding of how facilities run and customer delivery requirements. Responsible for Broadcast Analysis, Throughput Analysis, and Simulation using software such as ProModel – Focus on a dock-todock understanding of how facilities run and customer delivery requirements. Supports Packaging Engineer with input to the design process focused on optimization to support improved labor efficiencies, ergonomics, plant layout and freight optimization.
What your responsibilities are
• Responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of assigned projects.
• Develop and track capital investment budgets for assigned projects.
• Responsible for development of all RFQ’s and Equipment Specifications as needed.
• Drive lean concepts (5S, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization.
• Implement process improvements to improve overall efficiencies, including automation.
• Benchmarking processes and equipment throughout the industry and incorporating into Corporate Standards.
• Responsible for problem-solving and resolving issues at all sites as directed / or required. Supports Team during crisis management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or a related field
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience with all Automotive Component Systems; Body, Trim, Chassis, Powertrain, Interior, and Electrical Systems.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in logistics/supply chain
• Four (4) years of experience with Freight Optimization (Mode, Packaging/ Truck Densities, Freq, Return Ratios)
• Four (4) years of experience with Packaging Concepts and Design.
• Three years of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and misc. CAD viewers at an advanced skill level.
• Four (4) years of experience with AutoCAD
• Corporate employees must be able to travel as required to support the new launches, and engineering Change production-relatedated activities (typically most 1-2 wks. at a time, I estimated 6-12 wks. annually).
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. No specific vision abilities are required.The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.This position will have minimum exposure to weather conditions, and the assembly area noise level is loud.