Job Openings for Materials Manager
Role: Materials Manager
Location: Detroit, MI
One of our more prestigious clients has asked for our assistance in seeking a Materials Manager.
Our client is incredibly dedicated to a culture of learning and superior designs for various automotive
parts and systems with over 10 manufacturing locations throughout the US and revenues of over $2
What you will be doing –
The Materials Manager directs and coordinates personnel engaged in the movement and distribution of
raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies in and out of the plant. Additionally, directs and
administers the production schedule, inventory/warehouse control, warehousing, shipping, logistics and
customer service. Supervisory responsibility for the Master Scheduler, Material Analyst, Customer
Service Analyst, and Warehouse Supervisor. Responsible for maintaining hourly payroll through the
payroll system. Respond to issues and requests to ensure no impact to delivery ratings. Issue, monitor,
change and distribute weekly production schedules. Work with Material Analyst to file
customer/supplier claims and arrange materials disposal. Ensure customer websites are monitored and
updated as mandated by the customer. Support and facilitate, with Material Analyst, supplier
discussions to support production and customer schedules. Review customer systems to analyze data
and make corrections/updates as required as well as back up and support any materials team member
What you’ll be responsible for:
• Own and drive day-to-day delivery, inventory, and shipping issues.
• Prepare procedures and work instructions regarding material control systems.
• Lead and perform material planning activities from raw materials to finished goods.
• Leads, and coordinates in conjunction with Finance and all departments preparation and
execution of Physical Inventory
• Lead and support standard metrics.
• Develop a plan and system to monitor safety stocks, min/max levels, storage locations, material
• Develops and installs clerical and office procedures and practices, and studies work flow,
sequence of operations, and office arrangement to determine expediency of installing new or
improved office machines/software.
• Lead month-end close activities, including inventory reconciliation, receipts, adjustments, etc.
• Lead and monitor cycle count frequency, accuracy, recounts, adjustments and investigation of
issues until resolved.
• Ensures all policies and procedures are adhered to by all associates within the materials group.
• Review, approve and/or dispute freight reports provided by the 3PL.
Education And/Or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or a related field
Eight years of experience as a Materials Supervisor or Manager or a related role.
APICS CPIM and CSCP are recommended.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands
to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.