Property Systems Technical Engineer – GC & Citizens
• The Property Systems Technical Engineer assume responsibility in either support or project engineering roles.
• In both the roles the Property Systems Technical Engineer will communicate with various teams to deliver the required tasks towards Property Systems implementation and operation. Those include incident management tasks and ITIL best practices for Property Systems Technical Engineers allocated to support and project specific tasks and runbook implementation for those allocated to the project team.
• They acquire knowledge from all available channels and share with colleagues in order to improve the knowledge level of the Property Systems team.
• They are self-driven, motivated and quick learners in Property System and automation field.
Team and office structure:
• They work remotely and will be available for possible onsite visits up to 4 times a year.
• Report to the managers of support or projects depending on their assigned role.
• Candidate is expected to put in approximately 40 hours per week.
• Occasional overtime is expected if “crunch time” requires it.
• Occasional late-night hours may be required when supervising off-hours action items.
What is opera:
• Web based application vital to daily hotel operations (Front desk check-in, back office accounting, interfaces to 200 other systems like door locks, TV’s, and point of sell.)
• Critical to other core systems being hosted in Hyatt’s datacenters worldwide.
• Support new technologies and the roll-out of new products and systems in coordination with other teams.
• Provide technical guidance on operational issues affecting Opera Property Systems.
• Maintain channels of communication with the related application technicians to ensure successful and efficient production changes.
• Coordinate communication with the third-party technical vendors and internal teams for planned events, outages, etc.
• Acquire oversight for the Opera Property Systems project tasks including planning, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and diagnostics.
• Participate in the development and implementation of related systems that require communication to/from our hosted application.
• Coordinate all modifications and changes to Hyatt’s property systems with the technical team and carry out the changes as agreed upon the reviewed solution.
• Performs trend analysis on monitoring alarms, incident reports and service ticket to resolve identified issues.
• Provides on-call or after-hours technical support for the group.
Sample projects (for individuals allocated to the project team):
• Upgrade Opera grids to the new application versions received from the vendor
• Standing up a new datacenter or Azure environment in another region
• Migrating Opera servers and data from standalone servers to the datacentre
• Implement EMV payment gateway interface between the datacentre and payment processing companies
• Testing disaster recovery readiness
• Implementing interfaces/services of additional vendors to/from Opera
• Building additional non-prod environments to give internal testers more varied test configurations
Experience and qualifications:
• Oracle Opera installation experience is highly preferred.
• 5 Years Windows Administrator Experience.
• 1-2 Years Network experience (F5, VIP theory, DNS, Certificates)
• 1-2 Years working with virtual environments (VSphere)
• 1-2 Years working with scripting or automation platforms (PowerShell, Ansible, Etc.)
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING TOOLSETS IS PREFERRED:
• Oracle Opera Property Systems and its dedicated interfaces.
• Oracle DB, RAC and SCAN (11g,12c,19c)
• PowerShell (Scripting of manual windows functions/tasks or installations of software)
• Ansible (YAML scripting and playbooks)
• Rundeck (Implement scripted jobs to run ad hoc or on a fixed schedule)
• Jenkins (Automation of tasks related to building, testing and deploying software)
• Splunk (Scripting, GUI buildouts)
• Nagios (Scripting, Unix Shell)
WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS/PLATFORMS:
• FIM and Active Directory (Security and Distribution Groups)
• Citrix (Dedicated Server Farms in multiple environments)
• Tumbleweed (SFTP Servers)
• VMWare (Vpshere)
• SQL Developer (Connection strings, building queries, running scripts, analysis)
Skills needed to perform this job:
• Experience in Oracle hospitality property management systems
• Experience in Opera PMS installation and troubleshooting
• Experience in Opera interface implementation
Additional comments and requirements:
• Must be able to educate, train or mentor other members within the team with internal tools and skill sets.
• Must be able to work in a multicultural environment.
• Hotel / Hospitality operations experience preferred.
• University Degree in Information Systems or Information Technology.
• Or, university degree in hospitality with technical background in hospitality systems.