One of our more prestigious clients has asked for our assistance in seeking a Gas Control Engineer. Our client is a world-renowned engineering and construction management firm, offering innovative solutions to some of the most pressing issues in today’s power, oil & gas, environmental protection, infrastructure development and transportation markets. Expert services range from communications consulting and energy efficiency optimization to coal ash analysis and hurricane disaster recovery measures – all designed with one aim: making sure tomorrow gets off on the right foot.
What you will be doing:
As a member of the Gas System Operations team, you will have an integral role in creating and designing innovative solutions to ensure that our clients SCADA system applications and remote components provide modernized safety, reliability, compliance & quality assurance protocols. By applying your knowledge within this space through rigorous testing measures during deployment and integration stages, we can continue driving towards improved general performance for all future endeavors!
Roles / Responsibilities:
• Collaboration with internal and external technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on multiple,
complex projects providing focused project deliverables (i.e., Safety, customer focus, technology,
reliability, design standards, costs, and schedule).
• Supports and constructs software components within the SCADA environment that supports Gas
Control Real Time Systems’ (RTS) safety sensitive, critical systems infrastructure.
• Investment design, engineering, analysis, QA/QC, and approvals for new and upgraded Gas
critical asset infrastructure.
• Analysis of records review & develops GIS mapping and Bill of Materials specifications. Reviews
and analyzes complex Professional Engineering (PE) drawings/files and CAD drawings/files for
Gas asset wire frame schematics creation.
• Performs SCADA system database and display design and engineering.
• Performs Corporate Historian PI database and display design and engineering.
• Performs Human Machine Interface (HMI) design and engineering.
• Adheres to company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local
regulations and codes.
• Provides technical and time allocation estimates for business needs and budget forecasting.
• Supports the commitment to mission, strategy, and values. Provides support or assistance in
performing assignments. Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
• Documents technical components and software operations.
• May be required to work extended hours to support project needs.
Requires practical knowledge and experience maintaining, operating and troubleshooting the following
• OSI PI
• GIS Mapping
• AVEVA OaSyS and ClearSCADA
• MCG OpLog event logging software
• TiPS LogMate alarm management software
• Process controls systems:
• Electro-magnetic controls
• Material standards.
• Process metering.
• Utility constructability.
• Knowledge of energy physics processes. Knowledge in energy and energy distribution preferred.
• Knowledge of 49 CRF Part 192 code preferred.
• Ability to read mapping systems and an understanding of gas pressure and flow relationships,
remote telemetering and control.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory criteria, industry codes, and standards applicable
to the Gas specific area of expertise.
• Proficient in GIS mapping systems and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word
• Knowledge of SharePoint & Power BI.
• Knowledge of cyber security and critical systems protocols preferred