Sr. HFM Manager, Financial Systems and Reporting (hybrid in Stamford, CT)
**This is an APPLICATION manager with a specific specialty in HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) software and related EPM. (Oracle Accounting software).
The Senior Manager, Financial Systems & Reporting oversees and supports corporate financial systems and solutions providing accurate and timely consolidated reporting of financial data. This role has significant interaction with the Corporate Controller and FP&A teams, as well as business unit finance teams. The role serves as a subject matter expert and leads the administration and management of the Hyperion Consolidation Platform and processes. The role applies a mix of analytical, functional, design and technical skills to develop and implement innovative solutions that drive continuous process improvement. The role also provides support to strategic projects and other business systems. This position is based in Stamford, CT and eligible for our hybrid work arrangement.
- Serve as the Hyperion consolidation platform subject matter expert for critical financial activities including monitoring and evaluating corporate and business unit financial submissions, guiding business unit finance teams on technical/process topics, identifying and investigating data errors and discrepancies, performing data validations and corrections to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, and providing the most effective and efficient process and tools for data loading during corporate month end close.
- Administration and maintenance of Hyperion Oracle Enterprise Performance Management, including FDMEE, HFM, FR, SmartView, EPM Maestro and MerlinXL, including the application of stable new releases and enhancement projects.
- Oversight of frameworks and user administration including setup of new users, assigning role and access levels, removal and change requests.
- Identification and implementation of business process improvements, aligned with the needs of the Controller team, that enable automation, increase productivity, and reduce human-error.
- Oversee vendor evaluations, negotiations, and relationships.
- Create and maintain system, process, internal control and change management documentation and ensure application of established governance processes and controls.
- Lead the implementation of ongoing improvements/enhancements to the EPM-Hyperion platform and related close and data collection processes; drive process improvements and leverage technical capabilities to simplify and streamline financial close activities.
- Assess how the Hyperion solution can be enhanced to support the business environment, e.g. acquisitions, divestitures, restatements, fully leverage existing or new application technology.
- Act as a point of contact for Hyperion-related issues and, once identified, troubleshoot and work through to resolution with key stakeholders.
- Ensure preservation of historical data integrity.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly close processes runs smoothly in HFM, FDMEE applications and integrated tools.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or Business, Accounting related fields (master’s in computer science or Business Administration is a plus).
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Finance consolidation, FP&A, Data Analytics, or related field including 5 years on the management of financials systems responsibilities.
- 5+ years’ experience working with HFM, FDMEE and Financial Reporting / SmartView. Strong experience with HFM and FDMEE applications is a must.
- Solid working knowledge of financial consolidation concepts (e.g., CTA, intercompany eliminations), P&L and Balance Sheet processes.
- Solid understanding of EPM infrastructure and services.
- Experience in HFM and FDMEE design, development, implementation, routine administration, and maintenance; experience with performance tuning and optimization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to business and technical associates.
- Maintain a continuous improvement and problem solver mindset.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently and be accountable for results.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- CPA, CMA and/or Financial Planning and Analysis Certificate (FPAC.)
- Experience with data mining tools, MS-Power BI, Qlik sense and dashboard creation.
- HFM and FDMEE certifications or administration training from Oracle or partner.
- Experience with SQL, ERP systems, Oracle, Azure-cloud, SAP ERP systems and other systems/solutions/tools.
- Advanced MS Excel abilities, Visual Basic and/or VB.Net.