Location – Mansfield, Texas
Duration: Full Time
The Production Planner is responsible for internal plant material flow, scheduling, materials planning/buying, inventory management and control. This position is responsible for materials strategy and all materials initiatives. This position is a key enabler of lean and continuous improvement activities in the plant.
- Manage scheduling and procurement to specific performance metrics, including on-time delivery to production, inventory management, and cost control.
- Work closely with Plant Management to help develop and implement processes that improve our inventory processes that include major reductions in inventory while improving internal / external delivery performance.
- In coordination with materials strategy, execute standard work for material planning, scheduling and inventory management throughout the facility to improve customer service and reduce lead-time.
- Execute day to day activities in a highly effective materials organization, capable of improving customer service, while keeping inventory and cost at a minimum.
- Maintain a constructive relationship with Procurement, Engineering, Accounting, Quality, SIOP, and Manufacturing in support of the Business’ strategic goals.
- Work closely with Corporate Commodity Managers and Corporate Buyers to better leverage and implement VMI and Kanban programs.
- Participate in continuous improvement activity throughout supply chain controls within the plant, utilizing tools such as value stream mapping and kaizen events, improving performance while dramatically reducing indirect labor, equipment (fork trucks, etc.), and inventory costs.
- Improve material flow within the manufacturing facility. Assist in developing a streamlined logistics process for material handling to minimize cost and optimize resource utilization.
- Efficiently utilize supply chain tools within the plant at all times.
- Assist in cycle counting internally and with Suppliers when required.
- Assist in the development and documentation of standard work.12. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or Engineering discipline and three (3) years related work experience. APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred.
- Must possess knowledge in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes, and with visual management systems is preferred.
Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.