Role : Senior Electrical Engineer
Location : Lincolnshire IL(10% Travel required)
Duration : Full-time
Our client is a reputable American business based in Texas that specializes in crafting top-tier hand tools. This renowned firm has earned a positive reputation among those employed within the electrical and telecommunications industries.
We are seeking a creative Electrical Engineer that enjoys challenges – we are seeking that is ready to dive into a world of innovation and craftsmanship at the forefront of groundbreaking product development.
Imagine being the driving force behind the creation of products that line the shelves of your favorite stores.
You’ll be at the helm, leading the charge on multiple product categories, from inception to completion. Your canvas is a dynamic, fast-paced environment where your creativity knows no bounds.
Your primary focus in this role will be to uphold the pillars of Quality, Customer Obsession, Innovation, Ownership, and Teamwork. You’ll drive our commitment to excellence by ensuring the highest quality standards in product development. Customer Obsession will be at the heart of your work, as you’ll continuously strive to exceed customer expectations. Your innovative spirit will shine through as you tackle challenges and inspire cutting-edge solutions. Taking ownership of your projects will be your daily mantra, and your ability to collaborate seamlessly within a team will be the catalyst for transformative success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research, design, develop, and test consumer electromechanical products.
- Lead new product development from feasibility through launch.
- Create or assist in schematic development and design of the product.
- Prepare recommended printed circuit board (PCB) layout, component placement, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed projects.
- Present progress and findings at design reviews throughout the development process.
- Perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
- Prepare product documentation including, but not limited to, test plans, test reports, theory of operation and detailed product specifications.
- Provide technical support to marketing, sales, and product management teams.
- Perform rechargeable battery tests including capacity, temperature, and safety cutoffs.
- Prioritize work to align with the goals of the department and various project teams.
- Lead development teams at our outside partners.
- Manage quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required, Master of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred with a minimum of six (6) to ten (10) years of electrical experience in component level design and development and new product introduction (NPI) of electronic products.
- Prior experience in the design of hand-held electronic products and rechargeable battery systems is preferred. Prior experience with AC/DC, DC/AC and DC/DC power electronics is preferred.
- Prior experience with USB circuitry is preferred. Proficient with computers and software compilers such as C, C++, or similar.
- Strong technical, analytical, planning, time management, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage major engineering projects and lead a project team, communicate with all levels of the team and complete projects on time and within budget is required.
Ability to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
10% (3 days per month)